Electrical Safety Inspections
Over time, the electrical installations in your rental property can deteriorate, and sometimes not function as they should which can be dangerous. In order to ensure the safety of your tenants, it is now required that landlords organise Electrical Safety Inspections for their properties every 5 years.
At CEPCplus, our accredited engineers are able to provide Electrical Safety Inspections in Sunderland and surrounding areas, which will make sure that everything is functioning as it should, and highlight any problems that may require further attention.
Our Electrical Safety Inspections start from £145 with no vat to pay
To book your Electrical Safety Survey, get in touch with the team today.
Our Electrical Safety Report Will:
- Indicate any circuits within your property that are overloaded
- Reveal any potential fire hazards or electric shock risks
- Highlight any faulty or problematic electrical work
- Identify any lack of bonding or earthing
We can also carry out our electrical tests on fixed electrical appliances, to ensure that everything is in full working order than that your tenants are living safely.
To find out more about our Electrical Safety Certificates, get in touch to discuss your query.
Why Do You Need an Electrical Safety Inspection?
It is important to renew your Electrical Safety Certificate every five years, to not only make sure that your property’s electrics are fully functioning, but to maintain the safety of your tenants and to prove that you have taken the correct steps in order to do so.
Our Electrical Safety Surveys will investigate the wiring throughout your property, checking their functionality as well as their safety.
Once we have completed this inspection, we will issue your ‘Electrical Installation Condition Report’. This will either state that your property is electrically safe, meaning another survey should be completed in 5 years time (or prior to the next tenant moving in if within the 5 year period), or it will provide recommendations for any work that needs completing.
Prior to our engineers carrying out your Electrical Safety Survey, make sure you have completed the following actions to ensure the inspection can be property completed:
- Remove any obstructions to allow full access to the board.
- Please provide the board location before the day of your inspection, so our engineers know whether they need a ladder.
- PAYG meters must have enough credit for the engineer to conduct the test.
- Damaged fixed fittings must be highlighted prior to the test, for example, any broken light switches, cracked sockets etc.
- All sensitive equipment must be unplugged before the inspection.
- The fuse board must be marked up; all relevant circuits must be clearly identified for the engineer to carry out the inspection.
If at any point our engineer thinks your electrical installation is in an unsafe condition, the survey will be stopped and recommendations will be made to the customer for improvements which may be needed.
Why Choose Us?
Our Sunderland Electrical Safety Inspections are carried out by our fully qualified team of engineers, using specialist equipment that complies to all of the industry standards, allowing you greater peace of mind that you are receiving a service that you can rely on.
We are dedicated to providing services that maintain the safety of tenants, meaning Sunderland landlords can count on us to provide detailed inspections that are in the best interest of their property.
Our team always work thoroughly, never overlooking anything, ensuring your report accurately details any issues we have found.
Book Your Electrical Safety Inspection in Sunderland Today
If you’re a landlord and your Sunderland property is due its Electrical Safety Inspection, get in touch with the team at CEPCplus today.
In addition to our Electrical Surveys, we also provide Gas Safety Certificates in Sunderland and the surrounding areas.